Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    FC: Path of the Twelve
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DrkEcks07 Steam ID: -SOF-Ecks

FFXIV 4.0 STORMBLOOD

I still play FFXIV and I have to stay, I've greatly enjoyed the story and in general how this game made a complete turn around from being an unfinished barely playable piece of trash (at least from my experience), to now being one of the top MMORPGs out there.

Well the second expansion: Stormblood is due out June 20th. Will introduce the jobs Red Mage and Samuria, both being DPS roles. I'm excited to try out both of these new jobs personally, though I do not believe either will make me wish to play them as mains. Right now my main dps role is Summoner, which I've been playing since the game launched. My preferred healing job is White Mage, and Dark Knight has become my absolute favorite Tank.

Back in 2.0 I leveled every job to 50, for 3.0 I have not leveled everything to 60 just yet but I think I might try to. I only have about 4 jobs left to level to 60. I'm still not sure if I will level all of them or not, but I am currently working on Ninja.

Stormblood also raises the level cap to 70. Adds new skills to every job, but will also remove lesser utilized abilities, or repeat abilities. It's been stated that at level 70 we will still have the same number of skills we have at level 60. Personally I'm not sure how I feel about this. As a Summoner I use all but perhaps 3-4 skills available to me when I play. Some are specific to solo play, while the rest I use during normal playing. It's hard for me to imagine losing 10 of my current skills unless the new skills added act in the same manner as older skills but with added effects and/or increased damage.

Another big point of Stormblood will be the revamp of the inventory system, which is a welcomed addition for me personally as I find my own inventory increasingly dwindling in available space, as well as my dwindling retainer(bank) space.

Also there will be a new housing area added. It seems that this is a big issue to some people, though at least on my server the housing issue is not that big a problem. They added "apartment" housing some time ago and on my server at least there are still a great deal of open apartment spaces months after the update that added them, which leads me to think that it's not as big an issue as people made it sound like.

Stormblood will also bring us the ability to swim in large bodies of water and dive down and explore the ocean world. How much this will actually be a part of the gameplay in Stormblood remains unknown though. For all we know it could merely be a gimmicky addition, since they have already told us there won't be any underwater fighting. Then again, there isn't any airborne combat either however flight is only usable on flying mounts. Swimming on the other hand does not require mounts, but there will be underwater mounts for faster traveling.

I am interested in seeing where this story goes, as for me, the story in FFXIV has been one of the best things to enjoy about the game. It starts out kind of weak in A Realm Reborn, but got increasingly better with each and every update that added to the Main Scenario Quests.

Personally I feel like this bridge from 3.0 to 4.0 was not nearly as powerful and lacked the impact that the story bridge that led from 2.0 into 3.0 had, but it's still been interesting.

All in all, I am really looking forward to see what Stormblood brings in person when it launches!
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Aw, did I make you angry?
    Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl

FFXIV Information:

Re: FFXIV 4.0 STORMBLOOD

I played beta of original FF14 but didn't like that. Just bought ARR last week and am having fun. Went ahead and preordered the new expansion, too.
    Last edited by Euphacent; June 7th, 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Half man, half amazing.
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired

FFXIV Information:

I pop into the forums about...once every 6 months... and consider trying out XIV. Then I remember how much time I sunk into XI and how difficult it is starting from scratch. It's basically like not eating carbs, so you shove your nose into some bread every so often.

That being said, the new expansion looks pretty sweet.

Happy..Happy..Happy
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    In a vague undetermined state of existence
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Reverence

FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Thelona Altepa
    Character Level:
    50 lnc
    Linkshell:
    BNYC

wow, just hopped on here cause i was talking to an old XI friend and QCDN came up. Surprised and delighted to see this site still going.

Stormblood has been GREAT so far IMO, During early access the new zones and quests were bugging out from being overloaded so i decided to back-burner my drg and unlock SAM and RDM rather then combat the Dc's and 90k errors, and i completely fell in love with RDM. The flow of their rotation is super pleasing, the dps is amazing and the utility of being able to insta rez and even heal decently in a pinch is great.

This expansion blows heavenward out of the water for sure.