Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    FC: Path of the Twelve
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DrkEcks07 Steam ID: -SOF-Ecks

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Anybody else been watching this show?

It's currently airing it's second season and imo just keeps getting better.

The cast is top knotch, everyone really seems to nail the character they're portaying be it a good guy or a bad guy. Though I can't exactly think otherwise with how Marvel's been doing lately, add in Joss Whedon and you're almost bound for some kind of television hit.

Aside from that I am interested in where this story is going not to mention that fact that they have and still are tying in the Marvel movies with the show. I almost wonder if the new Shield and Colson will ever finally make a movie reappearance. I know I'd like that, at least. Considering all the Avengers still believe Colson is dead and has been.

Oh, well I guess that might be slight spoilers.. if you've never seen even the first episode (or a commercial for the show), but yeah... okay then, Colson is still alive. You have to actually watch the show to find out how that happens though, and why, so not a complete spoiler.

I like how the characters have developed and "matured" from season 1 to season 2 so far.

I just can't get enough of this show. I hope it has a good long run.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bajaratt PSN ID: Bajaratt Steam ID: Bajaratt

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I am watching, and enjoying, this show. It started slow as all Joss Whedon shows do, but after a few episodes it really built up, once they had started developing the characters.

It not being on Fox and having a decent rating gives me hope that it will be around for a while.
    Last edited by Bajaratt; November 21st, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/Bajaratt/Sigs/Baja.jpg
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin

I Reckon.
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    PhoenixPimps

FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Raesvelg Helheim
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Raesvelg Steam ID: Raesvelg

I like that they're threading in and out of the movie stories, though I imagine they're having a hard time making stuff relevant without being necessary.

So many good games!
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Well it's more like they have their own story going on, and are effected by the things that go on in the movies, some more than others. For example Thor: The Dark World didn't exactly have a big impact on the events in the show, instead they kind of had an Asgardian tie-in episode that featured Sif and Amora as well as a random Asgardian (I think that's what they called it) played by actor Peter MacNicol (Ghostbusters II's Vigo worshipping Dr.).

However, Capt. America: Winter Soldier's storyline directly effected the plot of the show enormously.

I like how though they are influenced by the big movie stories to some degree, and they still have their own plots that are going on as well.

I just really like good shows like this. The writing seems very good and there is a good mixture of serious and funny moments as well as plenty of action and drama. Character building is good too, so far.
    Last edited by Ecks; November 22nd, 2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, i'm enjoying the movie tie-ins, I'd almost like them to be able to use the show to introduce some minor characters for movies so they don't have to waist time re-introducing minor characters. They could introduce Hank Pym in Agent's of Shield instead of giving him his own movie, so they don't have to waist time with him in avenger's 3. I'm also curious if they are going to officially rebuild shield through the show for use in later marvel movies, because shield is kind of a big deal that has an important role in a lot of the movies they have coming out.
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin

So many good games!
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Well idk, with Fury not being the Director of SHIELD currently I can't say how SHIELD would play out movie-wise. Likely we won't even seen SHIELD in w/e the next Marvel movie is (I guess Age of Ultron?), considering they are still trying to rebuild after the Hydra attacks. With Fury presumed dead by everyone but a select few, who can say.

AoS on the other hand has it's own story. One that will and does bring in other Marvel Universe elements. So far we've had Deathlok, Absorbing Man, Blizzard and Graviton. As well as what has already been leaked (SPOILERS) as definite Kree involvement (that's all I'm gonna say about that for now).

As far as adding Pym, it's iffy if you are going add a TV series character beginning into something as large as a major motion picture and then expect the audience to have watched the TV series to know who this person is. Where as a character like Agent Colson was in several of the Marvel movies (and even animated series) before staring in AoS. The Avengers was a huuuuuuuuuuge blockbuster. I don't know anybody except a few people in my family that are over the age of 50 that haven't seen it.

Ant Man is one of those character's that is a big and important character, but not quite as well known as the major super heroes who's movies already exist. Not to mention..well.. idk, I just don't think he's that interesting of a super hero, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. He's pretty much just a lab scientist that figured out a way to do some really cool stuff with a suit that only he uses, but yet it isn't that cool when compared to another guy in a suit we know, named Iron Man.
    Last edited by Ecks; November 24th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I know he's very important to the avengers, I just find him boring as a hero. He's getting his own movie though, is my point. I don't think he needs his own movie, but I could see them introducing him in AoS and then just referencing AoS in the movie.

The third captain america movie is supposed to be the secret war, or whatever one of the major plot arcs was called from a few years ago. I thought shield was supposed to be really important there, so they'd have to bring it back.
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin