Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

FFXIV Information: Anon

Re: PS3 Yellow Light/Flashing Red Light

You can easily detach the PS3 hard drive, but apparently when you pop it back in the PS3 is all "derp detecting HDD, reformatting" >.> at least that's what has happened with my friends' PS3s.

"In gaming there are two types of people. Those who like to kill other people, and those who like to kill the environment.. and if you combine those two people you get the Republican Party" - Jay Mohr at Blizzcon 2010
    "Apparently studies have shown that most people can't come up with the opposites of these words in less than 30 seconds: 1. Always 2. Coming 3. From 4. Take 5. Me 6. Down" - Random YouTuber

Talks With Tonberries
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mitchellino PSN ID: Mitchellino

Well that's not really easily detachable then is it?

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

Open up this panel on the side and slide it out basically.

Edit: You know the one good thing about losing my data? I wanna play ALL my games again :P even the ones I don't like as much as others like FFXII, but I will say just running around in FFXII is fun in its own exploring.
    Last edited by Elemmire; September 20th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

"In gaming there are two types of people. Those who like to kill other people, and those who like to kill the environment.. and if you combine those two people you get the Republican Party" - Jay Mohr at Blizzcon 2010
    "Apparently studies have shown that most people can't come up with the opposites of these words in less than 30 seconds: 1. Always 2. Coming 3. From 4. Take 5. Me 6. Down" - Random YouTuber

PS2 player
    Character Name:
    Mugenteg
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

Character Name:
    Mugenteg
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: b16da9

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire View Post
    Nah, the instructions want you to send the HDD, but they say to "Back it up on an external one" as if everyone has a freaking external hardrive or wants to go out and buy one.. and I couldn't even turn the system on TO back it up -_- this really is a fail on Sony's design part.. why does a system have to auto-format a HDD put in right away? Cause it does that, last I knew. As soon as you take a HDD even already formatted for the system it will reformat it again.
    Sucks that you lost all your info, also you don't really need to back up the whole hardrive. When I switched my 80gig to my slim 160gig all I did was back up the saved game files on an thumb drive. I did not care about music and pictures as I was able to readd them later. That whole process took me like 10 min to back up all my games.

Elemmire : Add me PSN ID: B16da9

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

Ya I woulda done that if I coulda turned on my PS3 before I sent it off oh well. As I said, I kinda wanna play all my games through again (though I doubt that'll happen since I have so many :P)

Though I did have ONE game saved, that being Demon's Souls on the PSN+ thing (I seriously got PSN+ basically just so I could save that game :\ since before it went out it was having such clipping and freezing problems it corrupted my save data once).
    Last edited by Elemmire; September 21st, 2011 at 08:05 PM.