+ Reply to Thread
    New Adventurer
    FFXI Information: Anon

FFXIV Information: Anon

Huge increase in the numbers of Cheaters using mods and bridging host

I've only recently started playing Gears of War 2 online and was shocked to see the ammount of cheating going on, its seems to me that there are more people cheating than not! Im sick of being shot around corners and people spawning in the middle of nowhere. The amount of damage they can take compared to me being killled in either the first or second shots! Then there are the noobs that glitch out of the map and you have to wait 15 minutes for the match to end in a stale mate!
    Please tell me that there are some honest gamers left and im not on my own?

Buaidh no Bās
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Morcheeba
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BC Black Metal

Re: Huge increase in the numbers of Cheaters using mods and bridging host

Hey Roxy , you know I don't think there are many honest gamers now sadly enough!

When I was playing CoD4 (and I was late to the game) everyone was modding their controllers. Spawn shooting and pre-shooting across the map through walls. Some people may argue that that's not cheating but I say it is and I'm boss! lol

I kid. But yeah, it blows but they'll always be around.
    ~BC Black Metal~

~*~ Music is the DIVINE way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the Heart ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Halifirien View Post
    You're grasping at straws. Big, Hitler-flavored straws.

DoomBringer
    Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Linkshell:
    Rise

FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Chasym Toloren
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elezen
    Linkshell:
    Pony 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XI Comatose IX

to be quite honest, i luckily am done with certain games before cheaters seem to populate it. Though in MW2, it took them FOREVER to address glitches and cheating, Black ops, they knock that stuff out FAST.
    As for bridging, i have not heard of anyone being able to pull that off since xbox 1 with all the counter checks put into place now. Getting out of maps and such, its just something a developer needs to care enough about to patch, if you make the damn game, support it. Every issue that has been brought up in black ops has been dealt with so far, all glitches, all cheats, all out of map stuff, patched. New stuff pops up from time to time, yet within a day or two its patched!
    Check out my new youtube channel. New videos every friday. A possible return of some old friends/characters as well!!! Http://www.youtube.com/thatjussthappened

certified crazy canadian
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Character Name:
    Philmacraken
    Linkshell:
    Keitaroprime

FFXIV Information: Anon

i like to think people are cheating to ease my ego but in reality im a shitty player lol...but i do have fun and thats all that i care about

Than =/= Then
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Perseverance

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bigbroon
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGKx v SKIDM4RK

Sorry for the semi-necro, but I just saw this and haven't been on in a while.

Gears isn't actually that bad for it, compared to other games. The host thing has been an issue since the beginning of Gears multiplayer, but most people are used to it now. They know that in every match, one person has a vast advantage over the other 9.

The lag-switching has been reduced a massive amount, which is great. They did a lot of amendments a couple of updates ago, including regional games instead of international. For me, that's not so great, because I only play European players, which makes it harder for me to find a game.

That said, Epic do seem to take on board a lot of the feedback they get from their players, but with Gears 3 coming out soon, the progress could slow a lot...