Linkshell:
    Katsu

FFXIV Information: Lindblum
    Character Name:
    Skip Higami
    Character Race:
    Midlander Hyur

Those GLD out there

How exactly are you customizing your GLD? I am just curious as to what spells/JA you are equipping vs what stats your are beefing up.

I myself am putting most of my stats into STR and VIT and a few into MND to beef up my magic resistence.

Cure/Sentinel/Phalanx/lotusblade are my friends so far as a lvl 13.

So many good games!
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    FC: Path of the Twelve
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DrkEcks07 Steam ID: -SOF-Ecks

Re: Those GLD out there

Not that I'm playing often. But I was hoping to make a more DD type of Gladiator and so my points are going into mostly Str and Dex, with a good share into Vitality. Because I'm going to be a DD anyway no matter what I play, I placed my stats that way so any DD job I'm on will get the benefits. I'm also putting a thin spread into my magic related stats as well so I don't completely suck when casting. I say this, because I will make a freaking Dark Knight out of my character one way or another.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Talks With Tonberries
    FFXI Information:
    Linkshell:
    Gobstoppers

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Trace Ezra

Re: Those GLD out there

I've trying to make my GLD all about tanking. I'm 21 now with vit somewhere around the mid 70s, I think the cap at 21 is around 80 vit or so. I'd make it higher, but I didn't want to ignore my other stats, especially mnd (for max mp as well as magic defense) and str, and to a lesser degree int and dex. And when I say tanking, I more specifically mean a PLD style tank. I have cure/regen abilities on hand for solo or tanking. I'd take more points from int of course, but I do have interests in thau and alch so I can't ignore it.

I especially love my shield. I use shield bash and aegis boon often, and phalanx to a lesser extent (more so when soloing do I use it). I've found having only one form of provoke has been fine, but if I needed more I do have the PUG voke available also.

I got MRD to 10 for defender if I need it, but I might not depending on the situation.

If I do need to participate or have the chance to do so without any major consequence, then I love the 20 skill Onion cut or slash or w/e it's called.
    Last edited by Jagster; December 16th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Trace Ezra, Skills: 31 ARM, 29 BSM, 10 BOT, 20 MIN, 23 GS, 23 LEA, 21 WVR, 26 ALC, 24 CARP, 43 GLA, 18 PUG, 24 LNC, 20 CON, 26 MRD, 18 ARC, 16 THAU