Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BC Black Metal

Re: Welcome to The Eorzea Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    King Kong ain't got nothing on ME!

Name that movie?
    Training Day, bad ass movie. Made me mad at Denzel for a bit though ;p

we're going to get in trouble for this!

BTW - Miros keep up the good work. You have dedicate time that others wouldn't, so fuck em k =)
    ~BC Black Metal~

~*~ Music is the DIVINE way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the Heart ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Halifirien View Post
    You're grasping at straws. Big, Hitler-flavored straws.

Kisser Make-upper
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Character Name:
    Takumifujiwara
    Linkshell:
    Fury, loldynamis

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Character Name:
    Lion Azure
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: zer0squid PSN ID: ghabaa

Quote Originally Posted by Cait Sith View Post
    [*]THIS WEBSITE WILL BECOME WHAT THE USERS WANT. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS. I do hope that you all will make this a great hub for people to get together and talk about the good times they've had in the FFXIV and FFXI world. [/list]
    The reason QCDN/Eosun survived until now was admins/moderators staying true to this with all other personal agendas kept out of the equation. I want nothing more than my home to stay successful. Fairness and equality always determine whether a forum stays together and lives on. A strong community with spirited members who are not afraid to speak their minds is also absolutely essential in keeping the balance.

Though snarky commentary from folks which is injected just for the sake of stirring up drama is poison. Same goes for the elitism of "proper grammar" users. No need to put down your fellow Eosun member for a misspelling or talk down to them with "bigger words". Were all equals here!

This all being said, I sure hope some of the players of old come back and check the site out. I miss the faces that once wandered these hallowed forum topics. Let this site usher in a new era of new users as well who hopefully will also bring new spices for us all to taste and enjoy together. As what we are, a community...a family.

Miros

Quote Originally Posted by Takumifujiwara View Post
    The reason QCDN/Eosun survived until now was admins/moderators staying true to this with all other personal agendas kept out of the equation. I want nothing more than my home to stay successful. Fairness and equality always determine whether a forum stays together and lives on. A strong community with spirited members who are not afraid to speak their minds is also absolutely essential in keeping the balance.

Though snarky commentary from folks which is injected just for the sake of stirring up drama is poison. Same goes for the elitism of "proper grammar" users. No need to put down your fellow Eosun member for a misspelling or talk down to them with "bigger words". Were all equals here!

This all being said, I sure hope some of the players of old come back and check the site out. I miss the faces that once wandered these hallowed forum topics. Let this site usher in a new era of new users as well who hopefully will also bring new spices for us all to taste and enjoy together. As what we are, a community...a family.
    I do know in the next version update all older banned members will be unbanned and I will be sending out a mass e-mail to all of the users on here to come back and say hullo. Hopefully we can bring back some old faces. I miss a lot of the users!

Casts all of the Meteors!
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Character Name:
    Misi
    Linkshell:
    OwMyFace

FFXIV Information: Bodhum
    Character Name:
    Misi Aveh
    Character Level:
    Level Awesome
    Character Race:
    Hume

Quote Originally Posted by ShomeGhuye View Post
    I understand, I guess I'm just speaking out b/c it's such a far cry from what I was expecting... something like what you see below, pulling colors from what we *do* know about XIV (it's logo's colors in this case) ... and not made in paint with only moderate consideration on coloring.

Spoiler:

Sorry if I made you repeat yourself, I was looking around but didn't see any solid answers on what plans were with themes other than there would be some made based on nations. My concern is more in regards to the appearance of the default theme.
    I know what you mean, and I see what your going for, but I think if I did colors like that, I'd be shot. if people don't like gray I don't see them liking orange/blue combo. We had a project called benchmark, it was going to be the first Eosun theme, but it required a lot of home made buttons and we were short on time. While we know users are used to quite a few things being broken after a theme change, we wanted it the least broken as possible so this is why we're using this as the main style. I still intend to make benchmark. Top banners are also being made with help of the fan kit released last month.

As Miros said, hes going to upload some pre-made themes for now. hopefully everyone will at least find one they like for the time being.

Retired from QCDN 11.1.2011

Ronfaurian Rescuer
    Linkshell:
    NoizyTribe

Character Name:
    Stevedizzle
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevedizzle84 PSN ID: stevedizzle Wii Code: 1642-2861-2012-7362

I just wanted to add my 2 cents in by saying I love the new banner on the frontpage.

I Reckon.
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    PhoenixPimps

FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Raesvelg Helheim
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Raesvelg Steam ID: Raesvelg

As an idle aside, for those who think that the site simply cannot live without the flameboard...

Anybody remember QCNN?

Yeah.

Now, I'm all for having it, though I think I started all of one topic on it ever, but I think having that sort of relief valve is probably a good thing, albeit one that can easily get out of hand, hence the need to actually moderate the flameboard, or whatever it winds up getting called ultimately.

Here today, gone tomorrow
    Character Name:
    Shomeghuye

Character Name:
    Tat Elyrium

Quote Originally Posted by Misi View Post
    I know what you mean, and I see what your going for, but I think if I did colors like that, I'd be shot.
    I loled at that one. But I totally see what you mean. I felt there was something off with the colors but I only made it to make a point so I didn't bother making it pretty. I keep telling Miros and I'll tell you too, if you guys want help making stuff I'd be glad to, even if I don't get to pick the colors :P

Also, love the new banner. It really adds to the present theme.
    Shomeghuye - BLM 75 / BLU 75
    RoZ / CoP / ApN / ToA / ACP / KDT / ASA - Complete :: WotG Mission 26
    All Nations: Rank 10 // Merc. Rank - FL

Mithra in her heart
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    JamminTunes|[ALCA]

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Stinethekitty

I like what has been done so far. I always love Misi's work and I can't wait to see what other themes are made. It's a little early for me to offer any other suggestions right now but I applaud the development team for trying hard to please as many people as possible with the new look/name.

Happy..Happy..Happy
    In a vague undetermined state of existence
    Linkshell:
    Reverence

Character Name:
    Thelona Altepa
    Character Level:
    50 lnc
    Linkshell:
    BNYC

I like the new format, I do have some worries about what will happen with us switching away from a server specific style, but i dont see the reason for all "the sky is falling, omg the site is ruined" panic >_>

I stayed around years after I quit ffxi, so I know I'll be here well into FFXIV's lifespan,

one thing tho, that new darker FFXIV banner up top, makes the black text of the control panel in the top right VERY hard to read, no biggie, but maybe white text for the cp would standout better.

Casts all of the Meteors!
    Character Name:
    Misi
    Linkshell:
    OwMyFace

FFXIV Information: Bodhum
    Character Name:
    Misi Aveh
    Character Level:
    Level Awesome
    Character Race:
    Hume

Quote Originally Posted by ShomeGhuye View Post
    I loled at that one. But I totally see what you mean. I felt there was something off with the colors but I only made it to make a point so I didn't bother making it pretty. I keep telling Miros and I'll tell you too, if you guys want help making stuff I'd be glad to, even if I don't get to pick the colors :P

Also, love the new banner. It really adds to the present theme.
    haha. Thanks a bunch! We're going to make changes, things are just slow at the moment. so much going on this month! I really do want users to contribute to the look of the site. I think it feels more like home that way.

We have 15+ banners going up shortly. All are slightly similar to the one there now, making use of what I can from that Fankit SE gave us. We have not decided on an official site logo yet, so the banners will just say " Final Fantasy XIV" till then. just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stine View Post
    I like what has been done so far. I always love Misi's work and I can't wait to see what other themes are made. It's a little early for me to offer any other suggestions right now but I applaud the development team for trying hard to please as many people as possible with the new look/name.
    Thank You Stine! The guys are really working hard on the projects, I hope we have more to show for it in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelona View Post

one thing tho, that new darker FFXIV banner up top, makes the black text of the control panel in the top right VERY hard to read, no biggie, but maybe white text for the cp would standout better.
    Thanks for the input on the font color. I'll be checking the site on a non-wide screen monitor to see what colors would work best for that text. We have about 15 more banners that will be uploaded this weekend.

Retired from QCDN 11.1.2011

Frenchie
    Character Name:
    Tribalinius
    Linkshell:
    Reliance

Character Name:
    Tribalinius Liberius
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Motherfcking Midlander Hyur with a motherfcking beard.
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tribalinius PSN ID: EijiKikumaru Steam ID: Tidus666

Quote Originally Posted by Cait Sith View Post
    Prior to I'd say...2008/2009 QCDN was used as a variety of things. Flameboard included, but most users enjoyed the site to set up events, schedule dynamis with no issues, keep in touch with friends and have their own private linkshell forum here. During that time, we've actually had Quetzalcoatl members who moved to a new server still use QCDN as a way to communicate and have a private forum for their linkshell. It would not be a good idea to deny them that simply because they changed servers. EOSun is still focusing on those members who made QCDN what it was and if we chose a specific server I'm sure some would feel left out. So it's not a general message board as we still have those specific things that made QCDN awesome. Those items being event scheduling and the ability to have a private forum for their linkshell. With new updates added to the site they can even now have their roster shown based on their usergroup to keep easier track of who is in their LS.
    We did have that exchange in the process about how the forum was a platform to have access to all sort of information including scheduling and general game discussion and how we wanted that sort of forum back in a way. At least that's what I recall from the majority of us when we talked about it. The flameboard is fun and entertaining (nothing like a good dynamis bashing once in a while to get the stress out!) but should not be why we're recognized out there. That's still my point of view now .

Don't Toews me!
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Character Name:
    Romper Stomper
    Character Race:
    Highlander Hyur - Male

I'm not going to bitch about the theme because I actually kinda like it. So YAY MISI for making a theme that has pleased quite a few people. Could it be more colorful yeah, but oh well it's still aesthetically pleasing.

BlueGartrs became a general go-to for FF11. There was lots of valuable information on there, and still is a lot of valuable information on there. You can't tell me that by changing the focus you weren't aiming to be a FFXIVcore or BlueGartrs in style. Divnius covered it better than I could have, honestly. I can get that some people might be left out, but the game will start fresh on 9/22. So I don't see how we can exactly assume everything. If there's good discussion, guides, etc of the game the people would still come here if they weren't playing on the server if Eosun so chooses a server.
    Last edited by Romper; September 11th, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

Devour to survive
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert... when the drugs began to take hold

FFXIV Information:

Wow, my forum has a new name...that's different. Whatever I'm still calling it qcdn.