+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Painted

Certified Adventurer
    FFXI Information:

FFXIV Information:

Painted

Painted stole a 100cc from our Dynamis-Windy run. Up until that moment he has been a very good player, always did what was asked had zero problems for about a year.

Heres the back ground.

My Linkshells Rules: (Bolded for making a point)

1. Run time: Saturday 9cst / 10est

2. Attendance: 2 unexcused absences will result in a total loss of points. 3 excused absences in a 5 week period will result in a 50% loss of points. Emergencies will happen and we will handle things on a case by case. If you are in the game you are with us, no acceptions. EXP/Merits/NMs/Missions are not acceptable excuses for missing a run, that being said special permissions are allowed for missions and possible nms.

3. Lotting System: Everyone must have a wish list to be able to lot,there are no exceptions to this. Jobs on wish lists need to be a minimum of level 70. When you win a piece of relic armor, you will lose a total of points that is the differance between your point total and the person below you + 1. In the event of a tie both people will lot and, the winner will lose the points from the person who is second inline. Secondary lots only happen once there are no Main lots for that peice of relic, 2 points are deducted for a secondary lot.

You can lot either on 100cc or relic per run those on 100cc list are not in any order, and all on 100cc list can lot on it. If an item is going to be free lot it will be free lot 70+,50+,0+.
    There are 2 seperate lists for points, one for dreamlands and one for City and Icelands, which means 2 seperate lot lists for those zones.

City and Icelands: 1 main lot and 1 sublot
    Dreamlands: 1 Main lot, 1 sublot, 1 accessory or -1 af.

4. Points: 1 point will be awarded for being early(in the zone and ready to go 15 min early), 1 point for doing the run, and 1 point for staying to farm after the defeat of the mega boss. 3 points maximum per run.

5. Sponsoring: We will allow sponosring of runs only by those who are working on upgrading relic weapons. If we find a sponsor selling coins for profit, they will not be allowed to sponsor ever again. If you wish to sponsor a run please send Bankim or Alobont a PM or a /tell and we'll discuss it.

6. Drama: We want to have as little drama as possible, and we will not tolerate harrassment of any kind. We may take actions in the event of harrassment, but i hope we'll never have to this is not limited to a ban from the shell.

7. Jobs: We may ask you to go as a certain job you have leveled if needed, it may not be your favorite job, but it may be needed to win the zone. We thank you for not complaining about being asked to go as a different job.

8. Member Removal: This applies to Sacks only, only Alobont and Bankim can authorize the removal of a member. If a Sack removes somone with out authorization they will lose all points and lotting rights for 1 or 2 runs or possibly be kicked out of the shell.

Now they way i do lot lists is as follows, it has been done like this since day Fucking one. Since some people dont grasp the concept of lotting 100cc or Relic I always put Relic as priority over the 100cc regardless of what order they put it in. You either have 100cc on your list and nothign else or you have a relic peice. Pretty cut and dry. If you put something like say DNC as your secondary and a 100cc as your main then you are put on DNC main lot.

What Happened:

We are in Windy and doing pretty good makin killer time seen some drops when a 100CC drops. I called out thsoe who were on the list to lot and they did. Painted proceeds to send me a tell saying he is on 100cc list. We are in the middle of a large pull so I give him the go ahead to lot, to just cover bases while I check his list. (We were getting coins in so fast that it was gonna drop sooner rather then later.)

Painted proceeds to lto and wins and the coin falls. As it turns out he had DNC on his list secondary and 100cc main. So that makes him DNC main following the rules above. He then proceeds to refuse to give the coin back after multiple attempts at being asked to do so politely. After several more attempts of getting the coin back and another 100cc falling in the lot pool, I tell him to leave and he warps and we break pearl accordingly.

I frapsed the entire run so i can put video up if anything needs to be proven.

Seriously watch out for him, learning the rules seems to hard of a task for this guy.

Talks With Tonberries
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mitchellino PSN ID: Mitchellino

Re: Painted

While I know someone is going to be like "oh well you told him to lot it, so it's ok" which is bs. Even if you did, any decent person would of given it back to the person who rightfully won it. I'd agree, avoid him, doesn't sound like he can be trusted.

Expert Chocobo Cook
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Character Name:
    Hexx
    Linkshell:
    XG, XMX, Katsu

Character Name:
    Hexx Legatus
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PsychoHexx PSN ID: PsychoHexx

What a dick, never did like the guy to be honest.

2 BAZILLION MOOGLES
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    None

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Rappa
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: RappappaR

You told him to lot, just sayin'. You should've had told him to lot without checking first. Even if he was right and the coin dropped before you could check, he could've just /random'd to see if he beat whatever the highest lot was. Sorry, but he isn't the only person at fault here, and making a whole thread about it and expecting everyone to avoid the guy because of a mutual fuck up is a bit silly. Sure, he should've passed, but you shouldn't have told him to lot either.

2 BAZILLION MOOGLES
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    None

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Rappa
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: RappappaR

shouldn't have*

Dances like a pimp
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Justinp14

Quote Originally Posted by Rappa View Post
    You told him to lot, just sayin'. You should've had told him to lot without checking first. Even if he was right and the coin dropped before you could check, he could've just /random'd to see if he beat whatever the highest lot was. Sorry, but he isn't the only person at fault here, and making a whole thread about it and expecting everyone to avoid the guy because of a mutual fuck up is a bit silly. Sure, he should've passed, but you shouldn't have told him to lot either.
    Yeah, I was thinking this same thing last night. I decided not to post until later. I'm not saying I disagree with this complete flame because I agree that he should of gave it back, since it's actually trade-able. But you did tell him to lot, which I'd rather have someone on the list to not lot something than someone not on the list to lot something.

Also, I don't know if this is just me but I don't see a clear "relic can only be primary" in the rules. I see 100cc or relic, but his primary is 100cc. By just reading your exact rules, I would still assume that 100cc would be his primary. Reading the rest of your post, I understand that if relic is your secondary and 100cc is your primary then the relic becomes your primary.

Bottom line of what I'm trying to say is:

He's a dick for not returning it, but at the same time you did tell him to lot and your rules aren't really clear enough.
    Now Playing - League of Legends
    vagina
    When butterflies are in love, do they feel people in their stomachs?
    Final Fantasy XI - 75 Chivalry 75 Jack of All Trades 75 Nuker 53 Shooter March 24, 2004 - January 24, 2010

Talks With Tonberries

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mitchellino PSN ID: Mitchellino

Well, after me and Justin debated this over skype, I kinda agree with him now. Your rules are really odd? I don't think I've heard of having something primary and not being able to lot it, I can see why he maybe felt cheated out of an item. And what Justin said above is also true, your rules are kinda distorted and maybe you should clear them up a little so it's easier to understand. That way covering your back for future instances.

Dances like a pimp
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, to throw in another point after discussing it more, I would call this guy a complete dick if the flame was like "You can only have 100cc or Relic. He had 100cc as Primary and Relic as secondary and Relic dropped and he lotted it and won it. But relic was his secondary and others had it as their primary so he stole it." The whole Relic becomes your primary thing is so odd to me. Why not just tell him "if you lot the 100cc you can't have Relic as your secondary so either switch Relic to primary or just lot the 100cc." Personally, I would of gave it back if it would of cost such a problem but I would of still been upset about the situation. But if I wasn't such a nice guy, I would of kept it as well.
    vagina
    Final Fantasy XI - 75 Chivalry 75 Jack of All Trades 75 Nuker 53 Shooter March 24, 2004 - January 24, 2010

Don't Toews me!

Character Name:
    Romper Stomper
    Character Race:
    Highlander Hyur - Male

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Yeah, to throw in another point after discussing it more, I would call this guy a complete dick if the flame was like "You can only have 100cc or Relic. He had 100cc as Primary and Relic as secondary and Relic dropped and he lotted it and won it. But relic was his secondary and others had it as their primary so he stole it." The whole Relic becomes your primary thing is so odd to me. Why not just tell him "if you lot the 100cc you can't have Relic as your secondary so either switch Relic to primary or just lot the 100cc." Personally, I would of gave it back if it would of cost such a problem but I would of still been upset about the situation. But if I wasn't such a nice guy, I would of kept it as well.
    I think the point of it is is to give people that already have their relic gear incentive to stay in the shell. In lamens term, I think it means we'll supply you with gil or currency for relic weapon if you stay despite having your AF2.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miros
    This flame was half fail, half win. I think Romper got all the good points in and just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miros View Post
    If you keep up these constant bullshit posts and this whole butthurt thing about some of your posts being deleted then you'll be out of here quicker then liberachi ejaculates at an all boys middle school dance.

Dances like a pimp
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    I think the point of it is is to give people that already have their relic gear incentive to stay in the shell. In lamens term, I think it means we'll supply you with gil or currency for relic weapon if you stay despite having your AF2.
    I know the purpose of getting 100cc, I've been in Dynamis shells that do that. The actual rule is what gets me. Relic becomes your primary if you set it as your secondary if 100cc is your primary. I understand saying you can only have one, but if 100cc was his primary, then that's his primary. There shouldn't be any "well you set Relic as your secondary so you can't have it."
    vagina

Certified Adventurer
    FFXI Information:

FFXIV Information:

Its done that way because, he apparently wants DNC relic, but eh can enver lot of hes on 100cc list. Lotting the 100cc completely removes you from the relic list. So ahd DNC relic dropped and no one was maining it and he was up to lot he couldnt lot it because you cant lot relic and the coin.

Hence why ive always put relic first. I will clear up the rules as I see where it can be confusing. Im more mad at the fact that there was no reasoning with him. He refused to give the coin back and let us sort out and explain things. Hes a decent player but its just gil in the end, he was selling the coin for gil.

Certified Adventurer
    FFXI Information:

FFXIV Information:

Fuck my spell sucks, sorry for that.

Certified Adventurer
    FFXI Information:

FFXIV Information:

Ive also explained this in the linkshell several times, sorry forgot to mention that.

Dances like a pimp
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

That still doesn't really clear it up for me still really. I'm not trying to be negative in anyway, if I see "Main:100cc SubNC" then he's on 100cc unless he tells me otherwise.
    vagina

Dances like a pimp
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

Because an idiot decided to point it out, I meant, Sub: DNC
    vagina