Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    FC: Path of the Twelve
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DrkEcks07 Steam ID: -SOF-Ecks

Re: What Anime/Manga are you Reading/Watching? Part the Second!

Awesome, and btw. Drifters! WOW, it is gonna be a good one I think. Animation style is VERY much like Hellsing Ultimate, and probably is the same group of people considering how bloody this anime has already been in just 2 episodes.

I'm sad that Seven Deadly Sins was just an OVA. Bummer, it was very transitional and followed the first season perfectly, so I was expecting more.

Looks like they are dragging the very very end of Naruto out. Like literally, the only thing left for them to display that is canon is the time skip for when Naruto is the hokage and all the kids of the current generation (Would literally take up less than an episodes length to do this). But no.. before they do that they are having some filler episode/backstory of very young Naruto.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bajaratt PSN ID: Bajaratt Steam ID: Bajaratt

I grabbed Drifters, tricksters and Touken Ranbu. I think I'm going to drop Touken Ranbu, I just couldn't get into it. I haven't had a chance to watch drifters yet though.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/Bajaratt/Sigs/Baja.jpg
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin

So many good games!
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

FFXIV Information: Anon
    Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, Touken Ranbu, eh, tbh I don't even know why I'm still watching it. Too much BL type of stuff going on. I think this show is definitely more aimed towards the ladies and well, other people who enjoy that type of anime. It's definitely a show full of pretty-boys. Not really my thing, but I don't mind watching it that much since they don't actually go straight gay or anything quite like that. Like I said, I don't quite know why I'm watching it still, I just am.

Drifters is awesome though, loving it. Story it still developing, though the base of it is rather simplistic, I'm curious to know more.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

I do like it when I am right though. Magical Girl Raising Project has indeed gotten quite gory! Took a little bit, but I had a feeling it was coming and I was not disappointed!
    Last edited by Ecks; November 9th, 2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

As I thought, given the title's format, Occultic;Nine does follow with the other ___;___ anime. Chaos;Head, Stiens;Gate and Robotics;Note (though I still have not watched R;N). Today one of the (many) main characters said while on a phone call "El Psy Congroo". There does appear to be some kind of evil organization behind the scenes. The anime itself is starting to get quite trippy with the mind stuff and truth reveals. I am highly enjoying it lol.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Okay well, the winter season's over, or eh.. I mean, it's technically still winter, so idk what you wanna call this. Spring season? maybe idk.

Either way there were a lot of good shows I watched and some I just kinda suffered through til I couldn't take it anymore.

That said, there are already a couple of shows I watched today that I am intrigued about. I haven't seen the season schedule of what shows will be airing so all I have to go by is what's available on the app I use, which is fairly current.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabihen - the second season of this drama anime about Rakugo, a verbal theater art form that's 300+ years old in Japan. I'm glad to see it back, and highly enjoyed the first season.

Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil) - The first episode has me more than hooked already. Militaristic WWII style military combat with magic and mages. Animation is fantastic and the details in the character's are great. This evil "little girl" is going to be fun to watch. Pretty sure this is going to be one of the top anime this season, and I haven't even seen what else is out there.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen - Next season of Blue Exorcist. I will be holding off on this one because I haven't actually gotten around to watching the first season, either way, the series as a whole looks like I would enjoy it so I'm gonna need to binge watch the first season sometime.

Nanbaka 2017 - Second season and continuation of the show Nanbaka (The Numbers). A zany comedy about inmates in a super jail, that actually forgets it's a comedy sometimes and has a bit of a backstory and drama with it's main character(s) in which it does get serious sometimes, but then reminds itself (and the viewers) that it's actually a comedy (no literally, they 4th wall break a lot to remind us the viewers that they are a comedy show and then do something silly). I usually am not a fan of this style of animation, but to be honest it just works for the show and I find it genuinely entertaining, both for the comedy and the fact that there's an actual story buried in here too.

And that's kinda it for the anime that have aired so far.

Currently still watching ongoing anime:

Dragon Ball Super

Sousei no Onmyouji (Twin Star Exorcists) - Still enjoying this show, seems like it's going to have a nice little run considering they are already at episode 38 with the start of this new season.

Naruto: Shippuuden! - Maybe it will end this season... maybe... They are really milking it at this point. In the manga there's only barely an episode worth of content to go through, but they are doing all these additions/filler episodes. Some like the last arc with Sasuke, were actually fairly enjoyable. This next one has to do with Shikamaru, and I don't know what to think about it. It'll probably be okay. It is interesting to see the characters in a period of time that was only a page or two in the manga. That brief period in the manga where they merely show that Kakashi served as Hokage before Naruto is being more fully explored. This isn't a bad thing, as the manga only made that period of time seem like a brief moment in time, yet obviously there must have been some significance to it or else they could have just skipped right to Naruto being Hokage. In that aspect, it's nice to see more done, since the only other piece of Naruto that takes place in that span of time is the final movie: Naruto, The Last.

I may check out Akiba's Trip The Animation, maybe, the tags make it seem interesting enough but the artwork piece shown for it has me a little concerned that it might just be too cheesy.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Quickly tossing in a few more new shows I think I'll keep up with:

Hand Shakers - a neat action fantasy/scifi with some really amazing animation. The animation is like a mixture of 2d and 3d, yet the whole thing seems like a giant piece of art with the way the colors blend. I find myself not actually reading the subtitles sometimes because the imagery is just so much.

Little Witch Academia - Fantasy anime about a witch school and a group of 3 student witches that become sorta friends on the first episode. To me the story already seems like it's another of those underdog character school settings, like My Hero Academia, only this one is with female witches. Still, it looks like it's going to be a decent little anime.

elDLIVE - action/space/sci-fi anime. Looks interesting and funny. I enjoyed the first episode, plenty of action and aliens.

Spiritpact - I watched this, but I must have been extremely tired at the time I did because I don't actually remember a whole lot about it. Gonna have to give it a rewatch. It's listed as an action/shounen Ai/ Supernatural anime.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (aka. Konosuba second season) - ...Second season of Kona Subarashii... pretty much starts where it left off, and yeah, I wasn't expecting a second season, but I'm happy it's here. Bring on the fantasy lulz.

Chaos;Child - I totally did not see this coming, an actual sequel to one of the ; anime series. This one is a direct sequel to Chaos;Head, in fact that is the title of the first episode and the first 16 minutes are basically a really brief recap from Chaos;Head, and then the rest of the episode takes place 6 years after the events of Chaos;Head. I kinda wanna go back and re-watch Chaos;Head now. I could have swore there was a lot more fantasy styled magic blade stuff going on in the Chaos;Head that I remember. But they really did not display any of that at all in the recap of the first episode of Chaos;Child. So.. I'm a bit at a loss. Yet still quite interested in how this sequel will go. To me, it seems that many of the new characters share direct similarities with characters from Chaos;Head as far as appearance goes.
    Last edited by Ecks; January 13th, 2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added anime.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Apparently Rewrite has a second season now starting called Rewrite: Moon and Terra. The first episode was... strange, but I guess in a way it did explain a way for the series to continue

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

..considering by the end of season one, all human life on earth had ultimately been destroyed. lol.. Way to Ex Machina the series back to life. To be honest, while season one ultimately had an unfavorable ending, it was one of the few times I've ever seen an anime end on basically a low note, with the good guys not really winning and basically losing. It actually could have stayed a one season anime, but after watching the first episode of season 2 I am interested to see what the heck direction they are going to take this.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

I recently watched a show, if you can call it a show since it might have only been just the two episodes. I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway it was called Ryuu no Haisha (The Dragon Dentist), and it was very reminiciant of something from studio Ghibli (aka. Miyazaki). Again, I don't know if it's going to be more than 2 episodes, as both episodes were about 40ish minutes long, so together they were about the length of a movie. Also the story could end right where they left it and I'd be okay with that, so if it is the end, then cool.

Another series that has come out in 3 distinct sets of episodes is: Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas which is clearly based off of a JRPG I've never heard of, but even so the anime was pretty cool to watch. A very nice fantasy show with a lot of characters and fights. Kinda actually made me somewhat interested in checking out the game, which I can only assume is called Chain Chronicle(s)

A movie I kinda want to check out that came out is Gantz:O. Gantz is a bit of an older anime and manga, with a few live action movies and such. I'm interested in seeing what this movie is about, but uh, it's probably the same old Gantz lol.
    Last edited by Ecks; March 5th, 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

I've dropped most of the anime for this season. The only ones I've kept up with are Blue Exorcist season 2, Chain Chronicle, Saga of Tanya the Evil, and the second season of Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage.

I'm definitely looking forward to next season with the return of , Attack on Titan, , My hero academia, and is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? along with some of the new series. I've mainly been using this season to watch some other shows I've had on my list for a while, mainly Tower of Druaga and Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra.
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin

So many good games!
    Character Name:
    Ecks
    Linkshell:
    The Slayers

Character Name:
    Ecks Grimoirath
    Character Level:
    Character Race:
    Elzen, Duskwight
    Linkshell:
    Gamer IDs

Cool. Well I ended up dropping Spiritpact, mainly because it was just too homosexualized for me to enjoy. It didn't start that way, but the more the show progressed the more it pushed at the main the male leads being something akin to lovers, as if they were dating. And I am not really into that sorta thing. That said, the rest of the shows I was watching last season were pretty good and I hope that a few of them at least get second seasons.

Now here we are in a new season of shows and I have to say, there's a lot of interesting good stuff this season.

Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd season - I'm not into the show but maybe I'll get back into it sometime. I stopped watching during the first season, but Baj I know you like this show.

Seikaisuru Kado (KADO: The Right Answer) - Looks interesting, I forgot to watch the second episode but this show looked cool. Modern Japan, some gigantic strange alien cube thing shows up and lands on an airport runway with the only "casualties" being a plane that it landed on and appeared to absorb the plane and passengers in entirety. I'm not sure what else will go on, the first episode was mainly the JP government figuring out what to do about this alien cube only to discover at the very end of the episode what looks to be a leader from within the cube appearing at the top along with one of the passengers from the plane who is some kind of big deal to some people. Like I said, I'm interested. Artwork is great.

Beserk (2017) - A direct followup to last year's Beserk series. Continues the story of Guts, this time we finally have the reemergence of Griffith who will presumably try to rule the world or something.

ID-0 - Sci-Fi/Mecha anime set in space. There's an extremely valuable mineral mined from asteroids call Oricult (I may have misspelled it) and people use these machines in which they send their consciousness into the machine and pilot it as if it is their own body, their actual bodies are in some kind of spherical device used to send the consciousness to the machine. Definitely an interesting show so far. The main female academy student finds herself in the company of a band of pirates after a mining explosion and betrayal by her professor and colleague. The pirate actually save her and take her in as one of their own. In fact I guess this girl was super smart because the pirates were actually intending on taking her anyway from the beginning. That's about it so far.

Clockwork Planet - This anime is here to fulfill all your steampunk needs. The planet is made of gears, there's a backstory to this briefly explained in the beginning, but who cares, gear planet. Story goes like this, boy who is really a genius when it comes to clockworks and repairs, finds a coffin come crashing down into his place/workshop one evening. Curiously he opens the coffin to find a beautiful girl in a sort of sleeping state. Boy realizes this is a clockwork doll of some kind but that something is off about it. Boy preceeds to repair the doll and she comes alive. Turns out Doll girl is super secret ancient clockwork doll with badass abilities, and she precedes to call the boy her master for having repaired her and they stay together. The government seems split into two factions, military/police and a group of clockworkers/scientist, which in turn brings us to two additional main characters: sassy little girl genius member of the clockworker/scientists and her bodyguard an older suit/shades wearing male clockwork doll who is also a badass. If I write any more about the premise of what's going on in the first few episodes it's gonna take a while, needless to say the police faction is corrupt and seem to be the badguys here.

Renai Boukun (Love Tyrant) - Comedy/Supernatural/Romance anime. Comedy first and foremost. An angel who dresses like a reaper because it's a hobby of hers appears at the residence of the main boy character one day. Yada Yada, introduces this plot device ripped from Death Note, only it's called the Kiss Note. You write peoples names in it: name x name style and those two people fall in love. Angel-girl has to write names in it or else .....I think it was she dies or something. She ends up killing the main boy accidentally but revives him by kissing him and therefor granting him some of her angel powers, like immortality, but now the boy has to help with her goofy Kiss Note endeavors and to make things worse, the Angel wrote both their names down in the Kiss Note. Angel x Boy. But wait there's more. Boy has a girl he has always had a crush on, but it turns out she always liked him too, to the point of being Yandere against anyone who would come between her and the boy or anyone who harms him. Angel writes her into the equation because why not: Angel x Boy x Yandere. And no, it's not stopping there. I have to say, I have found the show to be pretty funny so far.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Princess - No, it's not a second season to 'Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a Dungeon'. It's a side story based on the girl Aiz, the 'Sword Princess" and her familia. First episode ties into the main story directly and by the end of the episode you see the scene where she meets Bell for the first time, having killed a minotaur and drenched herself in blood and preventing it from killing Bell, and then Bell runs off in terror. This is kind of what happened concerning Aiz, since let's be honest, we don't see a lot of Aiz until much later in the original series. This tells her tale.

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Mortal Sins) - Ecchi/Fantasy and I want to state that I am not going to be watching this until I can find it without the ridiculous heavy censorship because, what good is a well drawn ecchi anime if it's censored. None!

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - I'm very excited to see more of this anime! Loved the first season and I can't wait to see this show in it's entirety. It's so good! Super hero shonen anime. Yus!

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul) - New series, but I suppose you might be able to consider it a second season in a sense. I think this series takes place 5 or so years in the future from the end of the original Rage of Bahamut. Familiar characters do return since it's only been 5 or so years after all. This show focuses on a new main character, a young teen female who is of a dragon clan. So she can take human form, and is exceptionally strong (because she's a freaking dragon). She works in the main city to make money to send back to her clan. A lot of shit went down in those 5 or so years though. The humans, now lead by some new king who brought them the power to defeat demons and angels, basically laid waste to the angels and now enslave demons. Azazel who was basically the main demon badguy in season one, if memory serves me right, is now kind of a good guy, if you can think of it that way. He fights against the humans who enslave and torture demonkind during the night as a vigilante or sorts while running the gladitorial pit during the day for the king's and rest of the human's amusement. The first anime was amazing and I feel this one is going to be rather amazing too. Already enjoying the hell out of it.

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Season 2 - About goddamn time. Needless to say, looking forward to this show.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation - Well, sorta. Episode 3 came out, though the first two episodes came out at the end of January. I'm hoping I don't have to wait months for the next episode, but who knows. Good fantasy anime, based off of an RPG of the same name I believe. Not sure if it's available outside of Japan. The show is good though, full of fun and interesting characters and quite well drawn.

Re:Creators - Ever wonder what it would be like if suddenly characters from different anime, manga and video games suddenly were real and in our world but still had all of their powers. Well that's this anime, and so far it's pretty freaking amazing. Obviously for some of the characters it's quite unnerving to suddenly find out there are pictures of yourself all over the place and that intimate knowledge of yourself that only you knew is out there for everyone to know. Good stuff here.\

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Grimoire of Zero) - This is an amazing little action/fantasy anime that I am sure to fall in love with. I don't even want to spoil it, it's just really cool and, oh hell, the main character is a beastman of sorts, part white tiger with a humanoid body. It seems like it's gonna be really good.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor) - I've been enjoying this show. It's a mix of several sub genre, ultimately I would say fantasy/action/school/magic with a dash of fan service. Enter a lazy substitute teacher who doesn't really want to teach but is being forced into the position, immediately the kids at this magic academy dislike him and the feeling is relatively mutual. One female student challenges him to a magic dual and summarily beats him down which further makes him appear like he's terrible at magic and the kids look down on him even more so. That is until he explains that the way they are taught is boring and actually uses techniques they didn't think were possible, then all of a sudden everyone is interested in his teaching and he starts to kinda like what he's doing. Turns out he's kind of a badass but with a terrible personality. Looking forward to more of the show.

WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? - Yes that is the actual title. A Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Romance/Drama. I've only seen the first episode so far, but it was enough to pique my interest and I want to see more of the show.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine (The Royal Tutor) - Comedy anime reminiscent of Ouran High School Host Club, at least I kinda get that vibe from it, but different. A new royal tutor goes to the royal palace to attempt to school the 4 younger royal princes which have driven out every tutor they have ever had. Each prince has a very different personality, yet, these personality tropes will be nothing new to those of us who watch a lot of anime. Still, the show is pretty amusing and funny so far and I do find myself really enjoying it.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - I don't know how to feel about the show. Right off the bat they allude that at sometime in the future Naruto appears to have been killed. That alone kinda pisses me off when you think of what all Naruto has done for anime and even in his actual world how vastly important a character he is. The show does manage to still intrigue me, as Boruto himself appears to have some kind of unknown and unique ability that he isn't even aware of once the show returns to him being a kid.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism (Armed Girl's Machiavellism) - All girls school becomes co-ed, and to prevent males from thinking they can do whatever they want at some point an armed faction was created that began "Running" the school and keeping order. All males that now attend dress like girls and try their best to behave feminine so they aren't targeted by these armed girls, it's become the only way they can "survive", by adapting. Enter new male transfer student who doesn't give a crap about any of that. He just want's to go to school and do whatever he wants and isn't going to back down from these armed girls. The leaders of the armed divisions take notice, and one of them who wears an ogre mask and wields a katana, decides to teach him a lesson. They fight, and it turns out this new guy is pretty badass, he's dodging all her strikes and unarmed parrying her blade with slaps and kicks. It's definitely a cool action anime and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Sakurada Reset (Sagrada Reset) - Mystery/Super Power/Drama/Romance - A bit of a different anime. There's this one city in Japan where people are born with super abilities, but if they ever leave the city, they lose their abilities and forget they ever had them. The story centers around some high school kids. One girl, who's ability is to find people she's looking for, arranges for a boy, who's ability is to remember things, even if someone with a memory wipe or reset ability uses their ability and he can share those memories with other people, to meet another girl, who's ability is that she can reset a 24 hour period of time from a save point she chooses yet the ability works on her as well so she never remembers having used her ability. After talking these two decide to try and use their collective powers to help people and "erase the sadness" from other people's lives. It's a bit of a philosophical story at times, definitely a moral story. Should you or shouldn't you use your ability if it might help someone. But then something unexpected happens.

Still airing anime that I am also watching:

Little Witch Academia - I am so glad this show didn't end at 12 episodes, there is so much more to tell and the story was just then really developing, so I am so glad to see it continue even more so now that the plot is more in the front of the anime now.

Dragon Ball Super - They are ramping up the start of this multi universal Tournament of Power arc. The last episode had Android 17 reappearing, because he's been there this whole time. Interesting to see that he actually has a family with a wife and two children. Also to take away from that episode a very important tidbit, Uub is in the DBS universe! They didn't straight up say his name, but the did mention there was a very powerful young boy and that he was the reincarnation of Kid Buu and that Goku should train him after the Tournament of Power, if they survive, which of course they will, duh. Also surprising was that Android 17 is somehow strong enough to hold his own against SSJ Blue Goku. How??? Eh, it doesn't matter lol.
    Last edited by Ecks; April 20th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Dark Knight. Forever.

Baj'ha Pantystealer
    Linkshell:
    Kaizen

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Bajaratt
    Gamer IDs

I'm watching several of the same series Ecks, but for Seven Mortal Sins, use Nyaa Torrents. They have the uncensored show: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cat...0&term=nanatsu

I'm greatly enjoying Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor and Armed Girl's Machiavellianism the best for the new shows.

I actually stopped in season 2 of kyoukai no rinne, largely just lost it in the other shows I had. I also tried watching Tsugumomo, but lost interest after the first two episodes

One I'm interested in that you didn't list is Gin no Guardian (Silver Guardian) - I'm not quite sure what's ultimately going to happen, the main character is playing an MMO and helping the school princess play the game and they grow close in the game. But, in the first episode, he's using magic to fight off a horde of undead. I'm not sure if he's going to actually get magic powers, or if he gets pulled into a game, or if that fight was in his head. It's a short anime though, each episode is only 15 minutes each.
    75 Whm/Mnk/Sam/Brd/Nin