Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

FFXIV Information: Anon

"In gaming there are two types of people. Those who like to kill other people, and those who like to kill the environment.. and if you combine those two people you get the Republican Party" - Jay Mohr at Blizzcon 2010
    "Apparently studies have shown that most people can't come up with the opposites of these words in less than 30 seconds: 1. Always 2. Coming 3. From 4. Take 5. Me 6. Down" - Random YouTuber

One nation under Doom
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    FFXI Information: Retired

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Halifirien
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Halifirien

Re: FFX Coming to PS3/Vita

This went a long way toward convincing me to buy a Vita at some point, but what really sealed the deal was realizing they'll probably port over Final Fantasy 12, which is the one I really want.

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

fuck FFXII :O personally :P

but apparently ZoE and MGS are gonna get HD remakes for PS Vita too

"In gaming there are two types of people. Those who like to kill other people, and those who like to kill the environment.. and if you combine those two people you get the Republican Party" - Jay Mohr at Blizzcon 2010
    "Apparently studies have shown that most people can't come up with the opposites of these words in less than 30 seconds: 1. Always 2. Coming 3. From 4. Take 5. Me 6. Down" - Random YouTuber

Talks With Tonberries
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    Integral

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Tyrath
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LeonXGriever

Would make me interested in the Vita if it wasnt for ps3 as well. Is it too much to hope for the International stuff?
    Last edited by Tyrath; September 14th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

One nation under Doom
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Halifirien
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Halifirien

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire View Post
    fuck FFXII :O personally :P
    Heh. I don't mind. My series favorites are 4, 8, and 12. I probably won't fall deeply in love again until Final Fantasy 16 if the pattern holds up. I was highly entertained watching Twitter explode with the news and all the howls of fanboy outrage that Final Fantasy 7 wasn't being remade.

sculpey-licious
    Linkshell:
    DarkEmblem/Pers/Reli

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Otaru
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Otaruzan

From Shacknews:
    During its TGS 2011 conference, Sony and Square Enix revealed that a remake of a game in the popular Final Fantasy series is on the way. No, sadly, it isn't that Final Fantasy VII remake you've all been dreaming about.

Final Fantasy X--one of my personal "must play" titles for the PS2--is coming to the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3. Details on what the "remake" will include are scarce; however, we assume it's simply an HD port of the classic title.

Final Fantasy X first launched on the PlayStation 2 in North America on December 20, 2001. It achieved critical acclaim, scoring a Metacritic average of 92.

Though Sony first showed off the power of the PlayStation 3 with a short tech demo based on the introduction of Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix has yet to succumb to fan outcry and confirm a remake of the classic title is in the works. They have, however, announced three hundred games in the Final Fantasy XIII universe... give or take.
    Can't also wait for Zone of the Enders.

sculpey-licious
    Linkshell:
    DarkEmblem/Pers/Reli

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Otaru
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Otaruzan

FFVII Technical Demo for the PS3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cY...layer_embedded

Organ Donor
    Linkshell:
    Machina

Character Name:
    Cuacos

Wakka shirtless in HD? Yes please!

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

Quote Originally Posted by Halifirien View Post
    Heh. I don't mind. My series favorites are 4, 8, and 12. I probably won't fall deeply in love again until Final Fantasy 16 if the pattern holds up. I was highly entertained watching Twitter explode with the news and all the howls of fanboy outrage that Final Fantasy 7 wasn't being remade.
    I don't think FF7 needs a remake. And they have said if they remake it that it will take a LONG time (like decade+) to keep it in the same open world style yet be upgraded with the modern graphics.

I want FF6 remade for my DS :O

silly neko!

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Shadowneko
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: jmdavies Steam ID: lionneko Wii Code: 0136-3372-0728-3465

I'm sorry guys but who cares about the boring road trip that started the current trend of terrible Final Fantasy games? SE has yet to shatter my opinion that FF9 was the last good offline Final Fantasy game and FF12 was totally awfull...I couldn't get past the first 10 hrs because of it's nasty offline MMOness.(I hated it...offline FFXI mess and AI controlled characters!)

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless

FFX wasn't that bad really. The gameplay itself was a lot of fun and the new way to grow your characters was innovative and good. The story was ok, but the characters had some "wtf" moments, but not the worst. The only valid complaint about FFX imo is the voice acting which wasn't as god awful as people make it out to be other than that stupid laughing scene.

FFX isn't terribad, but it's not a classic either sooo... just a decent FF game.
    Last edited by Elemmire; September 22nd, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

crumpet f^*ker
    Linkshell:
    Shadow Empire

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Libara Arashi
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Libara

This now makes me more interested in the Vita but will prob still wait for price cut to get one.

Talks With Tonberries
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Linkshell:
    Integral

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Tyrath
    Gamer IDs

I still consider FFX as the last one that truly captured the spirit of Final Fantasy for me. 12 was a good rpg. 13 was okay-ish.

Talks With Tonberries
    Linkshell:
    Integral

FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Tyrath
    Gamer IDs

Double.
    Last edited by Tyrath; September 23rd, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Red Mage Extraordinaire
    Reputation Reputation
    Character Name:
    Elemmire
    Linkshell:
    TheNameless