+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Painted

  1. #31
    Certified Adventurer
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    168
    FFXI Information:

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    Lost list is posted before each run for everyone to see. I encourage all people to look it over before the run. I also have explained multiple times to people when they first join, and in LS that you cant lot both and that I will put you on relic over the 100cc. While the rule is unclear on the forums, and will be fixed, I have explained it in great detail to everyone multiple times.

    Also its pretty understood that if you have 100cc as main you cant lot relic at all, so why have it on the list? WHy put it down if you know you cant have both. The rules are very clear on that matter. While I take blame for the rule not being 100% crystal clear, he should of given the coin to me so we could arbitrate the situation. In the middle of a run is not that time to have a bitch fest, when you are shooting for a win and directing people around and pulling mobs. I was going to take the coin, hold it and speak with him after the run. Had he agreed I'm sure a compramise could of been made between him and the person who should of won.

    {ainted never gave me the chance to explain or arbitrate the situation, he immediatly claimed that the coin was his right to lot and spouted about being in the shell for a long time (a large chunk of the time away from the game actually) and not receiving relic, due to either low points or the sheer fact of things not dropping. ALl I have to say to that is, I have received the least amount of relic in my own damn shell that I lead.

  2. #32
    Kitties Favorite Tarutaru
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    jyakotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Katsu

    FFXIV Information: Lindblum
    Character Name:
    Skip Higami
    Character Race:
    Midlander Hyur

    Re: Painted

    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    Are you retarded?

    I only let him lot in thinking I had made a mistake on the lot list, which I did not under our rules. As the coin is tradeable I figured it was better for him to lot, and if I was right, which I was, then he would give it back. I know its hard for you to understand that Relic takes Priority regardless of position when you have the 100CC listed, but its done that way because you can not lot both in the same run.

    If he was on 100cc main and DNC had dropped DNC would of went freelot, we have people that want DNC relic. Then the entire problem would become even worse because Painted would of thought he would of been entitled to lot DNC as it was on his list, but he had lotted the 100cc, hence forth not being allowed to lot DNC.

    I have always done that Relic takes priority over the 100cc due to the fact that if you lot the coin you cant lot anything else as your secondary. This makes it so people can not obtain a 100cc and relic in the same run. You can not lot both, everyone else in the shell understands this, and the system has worked fine for over a year.
    Hmm...
    If you look at every sensible person that posted, they've said you shouldn't have told him to lot. It was your fault.

    Why should he give something back that his leader told him to lot, especially if it was his primary lot choice. Technically he didn't win both a relic and a 100CC, so he didn't break the rules... and he was asked to give something back he won, and he was flamed for it as well.

  3. #33
    Kitties Favorite Tarutaru
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    jyakotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Katsu

    FFXIV Information: Lindblum
    Character Name:
    Skip Higami
    Character Race:
    Midlander Hyur

    Re: Painted

    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    Lost list is posted before each run for everyone to see. I encourage all people to look it over before the run. I also have explained multiple times to people when they first join, and in LS that you cant lot both and that I will put you on relic over the 100cc. While the rule is unclear on the forums, and will be fixed, I have explained it in great detail to everyone multiple times.

    Also its pretty understood that if you have 100cc as main you cant lot relic at all, so why have it on the list? WHy put it down if you know you cant have both. The rules are very clear on that matter. While I take blame for the rule not being 100% crystal clear, he should of given the coin to me so we could arbitrate the situation. In the middle of a run is not that time to have a bitch fest, when you are shooting for a win and directing people around and pulling mobs. I was going to take the coin, hold it and speak with him after the run. Had he agreed I'm sure a compramise could of been made between him and the person who should of won.

    {ainted never gave me the chance to explain or arbitrate the situation, he immediatly claimed that the coin was his right to lot and spouted about being in the shell for a long time (a large chunk of the time away from the game actually) and not receiving relic, due to either low points or the sheer fact of things not dropping. ALl I have to say to that is, I have received the least amount of relic in my own damn shell that I lead.
    You say that he shouldn't have bitched about it and such, honestly you shouldn't have brought it up MID run to create that bitchfest. You should have said something along the lines of "Painted please stay after the run I need to speak with you" It would have created less drama etc etc.

    Div honestly, you say that I keep trying to bring shit up at you, but that comment isn't necessary... If you don't want me to pick shit with you then seriously stop lol.

  4. #34
    Certified Adventurer
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    186
    FFXI Information:
    Linkshell:
    The Flock

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    How hard is it to fix your rule to read the way you want it to? "If you're lotting a coin you can't lot gear unless it goes free lot." Now you've just avoided situations like this and however much time you've taken to explain that poorly written rule. Chalk it up to a mutual disagreement that ended poorly and move on.

  5. #35
    Kitties Favorite Tarutaru
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    jyakotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,146
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Katsu

    FFXIV Information: Lindblum
    Character Name:
    Skip Higami
    Character Race:
    Midlander Hyur

    Re: Painted

    double post sorry,
    Alo seriously no one cares that you haven't gotten relic lol, TBH I didn't get any of my desired relic till a year and a half after I quit the game... ONLY because Kelga dualboxed me in a pickup Xarcabard run.

  6. #36
    Zeruhn Sweeper
    Reputation
    Divinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    93
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    Aether

    FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Divinius

    Re: Painted

    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    Lot list is posted before each run for everyone to see. I encourage all people to look it over before the run.
    Well, did you look it over before the run? Did you tell Painted, before the run, "Hey, you know you can't do that, right? As it stands you are going to be on DNC lot, because relic takes priority. Is that ok? Or would you rather lot 100cc and wait for DNC to go freelot?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    Also its pretty understood that if you have 100cc as main you cant lot relic at all, so why have it on the list? WHy put it down if you know you cant have both. The rules are very clear on that matter.
    Exactly. Anyone that understand the complete rules (including all the clarifications that are NOT in the official rules) wouldn't have put both on the list. Therefore, obviously, he's putting down both because he did NOT understand the rules. It may be "pretty understood" by others, but based on the fact that he put up his lot list the way he did, he must NOT have understood. Call him an idiot for not understanding if you want, but I can easily see how your rules, as stated, could be misinterpreted.

    Again, I don't know this guy, and maybe he really is a huge dick. But regardless, your rules are unclear, contain odd stipulations that aren't officially noted, and you didn't do anything before the run to correct what to you was an obviously flawed lot list. I'm not trying to be mean, since I understand how frustrating it can be trying to lead a Dynamis LS, and make sure everything is spelled out right. But to use Jyak's words, "You screwed up, dude."

    Quote Originally Posted by jyakotsu View Post
    Div honestly, you say that I keep trying to bring shit up at you, but that comment isn't necessary... If you don't want me to pick shit with you then seriously stop lol.
    Yeah, cause you NEVER do anything like that to me. Pot, kettle, dipshit.

    But we are kinda on the same side for once, we should relish in it. Truce? (at least for this thread)

  7. #37
    Dances like a pimp
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pen Island
    Posts
    2,480
    FFXI Information: Retired
    Character Name:
    Justinp
    Linkshell:
    GlowSticks <3

    FFXIV Information: Istory
    Character Name:
    Justinus Pelios
    Character Level:
    10
    Character Race:
    Hume
    Linkshell:
    Wolves of Mibu
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Justinp14

    Re: Painted

    I'm slightly annoyed at repeating myself lol. Point-blank, I feel there shouldn't be any rule like that. I now understand what the rule is for, but I feel it's still silly. Yes, you don't want people to get both relic and 100cc and with your rule in place, that probably won't happen. But with that rule it's possible that this going to happen again. The thing is, if someone is on 100cc then they probably won't get the relic anyway so someone else can get it. You can even put in a rule of "if you win 100cc then you can't lot free lot unless it's going to go to the ground." That way you can make sure they don't get two items they want over other people.

    I just don't see a need for this whole AF2 priority thing. I would prefer AF2 over gil anyway. So if they want gil over AF2, then let them lot it. There's probably more people lotting the 100cc anyway so they have a lower chance of winning it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jyakotsu View Post
    Div honestly, you say that I keep trying to bring shit up at you, but that comment isn't necessary... If you don't want me to pick shit with you then seriously stop lol.
    I'm surprised you aren't used to it yet lol.
    Now Playing - League of Legends
    vagina
    When butterflies are in love, do they feel people in their stomachs?
    Final Fantasy XI - 75 Chivalry 75 Jack of All Trades 75 Nuker 53 Shooter March 24, 2004 - January 24, 2010

  8. #38
    Paragon of BST/SAM excell
    Reputation
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    701
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    My comment is more about the rules than the incident with Painted.

    I've read the rules on joining, today, and possibly sometime in between. I'm confused too. After the incident with Painted, it's more clear to me how this works. It's just a poor way to learn it.

    Most of my relic has been obtained. There are some zones where my main and secondary are now 100c. In those cases, I've been on the lot list. Last night, like four 100c's dropped and I wasn't on any list. That confused me but I didn't say anything. I just assumed everything was kosher. ...and it was. Nothing was wrong.

    My windy list is currently:
    main: Sorcerer's Gloves
    Second: 100c

    Other zones have or did have:
    main: 100c (because that piece was now obtained)
    second: xxgearxxx
    and I wasn't on the list... confused


    I just assumed, I'm not on the list because... well I don't know. But it's clear now. I understand why they do it this way. Just was a crazy way to really learn it. I know, I know... if it wasn't clear I should've asked. I'm just lazy, and I trust them to know the rules and put me on a list if I'm supposed to be on it.


    This is not a way to bring anything private out into the open or anything just relating that the rules are a bit fuzzy in that regard. I understand how Painted was confused but if he was asked to return it, he should've returned it. I do have one thing to say how it felt from a LS audience point of view though. Because I don't know of any possible tells, I only saw the LS chat. Alo went right on the offensive and fast.... dropped F'bomb and everything. I think he did ask nice once, then seconds later the F'bomb version. It might be on the frap he took. I'm just saying, ask nice. That may be why he kept it, dunno. That could by why Tonch left. He got blasted for a mistake pretty hard at the end of a run. Sent tells to me felt he didn’t deserve it. I agree, but didn’t really respond. I was being evasive on that.

  9. #39
    Certified Adventurer
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    168
    FFXI Information:

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    I did ask nice in tells Duffman. When it broiled over to LS chat was when I ahd asked nicely 5 times already. I have since cleared up the rules on the forums.

  10. #40
    Certified Adventurer
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    168
    FFXI Information:

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    Also Ton left because his RL work load got to much for him, jsut alst night he mentioned he might come back since hes not working 12 hours a day.

  11. #41
    Paragon of BST/SAM excell
    Reputation
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    701
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    I did ask nice in tells Duffman. When it broiled over to LS chat was when I ahd asked nicely 5 times already. I have since cleared up the rules on the forums.
    I believe you. No hard feelings or anything. Just relaying what it was like from the point of view of the shell.

    I saw something like: (Heavily paraphrased)
    "Is he going to give it back?"
    someone else said "That's not likely."

    then it exploded.

    I get it. There is a LOT of pressure on you during a run. I agree this could be handled external to the run so we can just win. It was just a shocker I guess. The tonch thing too. He kept sending me tells as we were dropping glasses like "Why'd he yell?...(paraphrased)" I just evaded the questions, because 1) I don't know and 2) just didn't want to get in the middle of it.

    Your cool, no probs. but it was a shocker. I was like "Oh god here's a showdown, popcorn time."

  12. #42
    Certified Adventurer
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    168
    FFXI Information:

    FFXIV Information:

    Re: Painted

    Tonchel bit as me over reacting a bit to him just standing around. I talked to him later about it and thigns are cool. He knows I sometimes have a hot head and he sometimes over reacts. I figured it was sooner or later that hed leave because he has lots of friends, that party on saturday night and hes a nurse working 12 hour shifts. But, for the point being I was civil to painted until he refused to give the coin back after repeated attempts asking nicely. LS chat was quickest to communicate because I was busy watching the group to sleep things, since we only had Latasha and Ivela sleeping and dealing with that across in game chat,vent, and xbox live.

  13. #43
    That one guy.
    Reputation
    Shadoboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tampa,Florida
    Posts
    53
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl

    FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Shadoboy

    Re: Painted

    This isn't exactly fair to him. Sometimes people forget, why are you focusing so heavily on the negatives. Try to look at it from each plausible situation. And he felt like he deserved the thing and never had problems before. Policemen are more nice to first time offenders than you are, especially when they're a good citizen. So you should do the same, go easy on him, slap him on the wrist, tell him not to do it again and if he does, THEN you can go this overboard.

  14. #44
    Play the Game.
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    floating between Lumoria and Dynamis.
    Posts
    55
    FFXI Information: Quetzalcoatl
    Linkshell:
    UmbraPulsum

    FFXIV Information:
    Character Name:
    Moshanee

    Re: Painted

    Alobont,
    Save yourself a lot of trouble and collect all 100cc and /random for them after. This has lots of advantages:

    1. You maintian control over the run and people stay focused on Dynamis, instead of who gets outrageously lucky and receives 1.3mil.

    2. People who are on 100cc stay to the end of the run with something to look forward to if you get a drop. This makes them better participants in the activity.

    3. When the run is over and the pressure is off you can go through the lists carefully and make sure the names you are calling out are correct.

    If I had my way I would collect everything and distribute it at the end of the run, but the rare/ex property of gear ruins that. Oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts