View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Pervertpocalypse.

I touched on this a while back in the pre-reformat blogs, but I felt like bringing it up again.

So.

Within the next 50 years, we can expect to see affordable robots that are difficult to distinguish from human beings. Within the 50 years after that, I'd wager you'll see robots walking around that are indistinguishable from human beings in any way short of detailed medical scans.

While the potential benefits here are hard to overstate, up to an including ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I live in fear.

And it's irritating.

I'm being entirely serious, by the way.

It's not fear that someone is going to hurt me, or something bad is going to happen, or anything like that. As a general rule, I find most people utterly non-threatening; I chose Galka for a reason, damnit. And as for something bad happening, well, there are literally thousands of ways the world (or at least the part of it I'm currently occupying) could be destroyed in the next 60 seconds, and with most ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. State of the Game, 2011.

I figured it's been a while since I actually talked about FFXI in this forum for a while, so I might as well jot down my thoughts on where the game stands, here on the cusp of a new increase to the level cap.

It's a mixed bag, really. SE has made the game vastly more accessible to most people in the past year or so, with Abyssea acting as the great leveler, supplanting old content with a range of gear that is a significant improvement on what had traditionally been the most sought-after ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Well, we're fucked now.

So.

In case you've been living under a rock, and didn't know that you could save 15% on your car insurance in 15 minutes by switching to Geico, Standard & Poor's downgraded US sovereign debt on Friday, from AAA to AA+, with a threat to downgrade it further to AA if things get any worse.

In a way, it's odd that brinkmanship in governance has seemingly inspired brinkmanship in finance, but I could hardly say it's surprising.

Now.

What ...

Updated August 8th, 2011 at 01:43 PM by Raesvelg

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Achievement Unlocked!

DOUBLE HEADER! WOOHOO! This one at least is rather more manageable than the previous one.

So.

First off, let me begin by saying fuck your Gamerscore. I don't give a shit about it, and neither should you.

Secondly, let me continue by saying fuck your achievement-based mentality that's slowly beginning to infect the real world.

See, we get enough of this kind of crap already; we don't need to formalize a system for it.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast