View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. You are not special.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake, as the rant goes.

Neither am I, of course.

At least, I don't think I am. I have to operate under that principle; there's a scientific name for it that escapes me. Something along the lines of the mediocrity principle, which basically asserts that nothing is a beautiful and unique snowflake. Not even snowflakes.

Sure, an individual flake might be unlike any other flake in very minor details, but in general, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Whores.

There's an anecdotal bit of dialogue, most often attributed to George Bernard Shaw (though often attributed to Churchill or Twain) that goes something like this:
    * GBS: Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?
    * Actress: My goodness! Well, I'd certainly think about it...
    * GBS: Would you sleep with me for one pound?
    * Actress: Certainly not! What kind of woman do you think I am?!
    * GBS: Madam, we've already established that. Now
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. lolblog

1. Fork in the Road
    Many look back upon their lives and reminisce over the events where their lives had a significant change, some with the thought of "I wish I did this.." or "Things would have worked out for the better if I only would had.."; others perfectly content with the route they have selected. I, on the other hand, do this in reverse and try to predict (and do so to a fairly precise accuracy) the outcome of these paths and select accordingly to which seems ...
    Categories
    Random Blogs
  4. Sci-Fi Tropes and why I hate them...

So I've been rather depressed lately. In fact, one could almost say ridiculously depressed.

What does that look like?

Kinda like this:

So, as I often do, I clear a bit of the clutter out of my head to cheer myself up.

In this case, comments on a bunch of Sci-Fi tropes and why they're just incredibly stupid.

Trope #1: The Plucky Human Resistance Overthrows the Robot Overlords. ...

Updated May 23rd, 2011 at 02:10 PM by Raesvelg

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I think it's time for a change. (tech heads may be interested)

I've had more than my fair share with consumer frustrations. Now at a crossroads as to whether I should cancel these outlets and start anew.

There are 2 major companies here for me to choose my cable/internet services from, Rogers & Bell. If any of you reading this has read some older blogs you may remember the hell that was my Bell experience. So I switched.

3 years ago I had Rogers services installed. In those 3 years I've had 14 or more technicians visit my ...

Updated May 12th, 2011 at 11:40 AM by Morcheeba

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast